Saturday, July 21, 2012

Follow Frank as his adventure in Dallas begins ...


If these guys knew what cards I’m holding, they would fold and walk away right now, or one of them might pull a gun and shoot me in the face. Either way, somebody is going to be flush with a big wad of cash when this hand is through.

It’s been going on for an hour, and two players have had the best luck among the four of us. Now I’m down to a few bucks and these killer cards, and I’m wondering what it’s going to cost to stay in the game. A better question might be what it’s going to take for me to get out of here with all the money on the table without getting hurt.

Looking into the cold hard eyes of the player across from me, I start thinking about an exit strategy. Should I keep my cool and let the game run its course in quiet, or would an abrupt offensive move be a better bet? My initial instinct is to be aggressive. It’s always been that way, but that behavior has sometimes gotten me into a lot of tight spots, and I’ve got the scars to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment